Sunday, August 21, 2011

Youth Volunteer Spotlight: Brayden


Brayde started volunteering with Hands4Hope a little more than a year ago. He is a 5th grader at a local Elementary School.

Brayden said the Homeless Outreach events are his favorite. "I guess it just makes me feel good to know I am helping other people," he said. "It makes me realize that a lot of people don't have food, clothes, and shelter like I do."

He also said he likes the Homeless Outreach because it's fun.  "I like cooking and making food and knowing it's going to a good cause."

When Brayden was asked what volunteering with Hands4Hope has made him realize about his own life, he said it makes him grateful. "We are lucky to do a lot of things like go on vacation, have Birthday parties, read books, and play lacrosse."

He also said it's changed his outlook. "If I want something and I don't get it, I have learned not to feel mad because some people don't have food."

"I try not to ask for too many things or be spoiled. I feel lucky to have food, clothes, and shelter to live in."

Brayden and his family have been great volunteers with Hands4Hope and we are so lucky to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment