Monday, July 1, 2013

July Volunteer Spotlight: Ethan Gomez




Ethan Gomez has been an instrumental part of the Hands4Hope community for the last two years. As it turns out, H4H has played an important role in his life as well.

"I went through a dark period of my life where I felt I didn't have a purpose. H4H made me feel like I am doing something to support and benefit the community and the world as a whole," said Ethan.

Ethan became involved in Hands4Hope in 7th grade.  Since then, he has worked on many projects including hot chocolate sales at his school club, the sock drive for the needy, the dress drive for Glass Slipper Foundation, and visiting seniors at a senior center.  
 
Ethan's favorite volunteer moment was when he managed the H4H booth at the Club L.I.V.E carnival at Marina Village Middle School.  "We did a wild hair spray booth and it was a lot of fun!" said Ethan.

When not at school or a H4H event, you will find Ethan in the kitchen cooking some delicious homemade food.  He also is an avid reader and gardener. 

"I am planning to apply to the Culinary Institute of America (a.k.a the C.I.A.) in Napa and take courses for a culinary major and a business minor. I want to get an associates degree in culinary arts at Napa then transfer to the New York campus to get my bachelor's degree in culinary arts and a business related degree," said Ethan.

Ethan's future is looking very bright. . . and delicious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment