Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Volunteer Spotlight: Ethan Weiner

Ethan and his family in their Hands4Hope t-shirts.

Ethan Weiner is an incoming freshman at Ponderosa High School and comes from a highly involved Hands4Hope family. His sister helped start the H4H Club at Union Mine High School and his mother serves on the H4H Board of Directors. After seeing their experiences, Ethan, along with some friends, decided to start a H4H Club at Herbert Green Middle School. Ethan said, “I saw the opportunity to start the Hands4Hope Club at Herbert Green as my friend and I were looking for a way to give back to our community and there were no opportunities to volunteer at our school that I knew of.” 

With guidance from Jennifer Bassett and the youth development coordinator, Ethan and his friends were able to hit the ground running. The first project the group voted to support was to help foster children with supplies they might need (clothes, school supplies, etc.). After a group breakout session and discussion, they decided to host a carnival, with games and prizes to bring in donations for their project.  “The carnival was a huge success and we learned how difficult it is to organize and promote an event. I believe the lessons learned will help me in the future when I join the Club at Ponderosa in the fall and then on in life,” stated Ethan.

When asked about his experience with Hands4Hope Ethan responded, “By being involved with Hands4Hope it has changed my perspective as to what a leader is and how anybody can be a leader. I look forward to continuing to give back to my community for years to come and bettering my leadership skills while continuing with H4H. I hope to assist in H4H expanding throughout our local community and more. I really enjoyed bringing the H4H Club to Herbert Green and hope it lives for years to come.”

Thank you Ethan for all you do with Hands4Hope!

To see the Hands4Hope 
Club at Herbert Green Middle School in action CLICK HERE!






No comments:

Post a Comment