Friday, September 1, 2017

Adult Lead Spotlight: Patty Conroy


Hands4Hope has chosen Patty Conroy for this month’s Adult Lead Spotlight! Patty regularly volunteers her time to bake and provide all kinds of food donations for Hands4Hope’s outreach events, and Hands4Hope is extremely grateful for her participation and contributions. Read on to learn more about how Patty got involved with Hands4Hope and her experiences since joining.

1. How long have you been participating with Hands4Hope?
I joined the H4H team in Jan '17 by contributing to the food drives for the homeless lunches and Mercy Senior Dinners.

2. Why did you join Hands4Hope as an adult contributor? 
The H4H office is right in my neighborhood and I had been wanting to contribute something to the community and this location proved to be perfect for me. I am able to deliver freshly baked and/or purchased food items in a timely manner.

3. What outreaches do you usually volunteer with? Which do you enjoy the most?
I am always on the lookout for local fundraisers that are in need of baked goods for their events. I am a retired pastry chef and I have enjoyed baking cakes, cupcakes, scones and cookies for our churches and schools also. It provides an opportunity for me to keep my baking skills sharp and give back to the community.

4. What is your impression/experience with Hands4Hope youth?
The H4H Youth who I have encountered so far have been very mature, organized and appreciative. I am so impressed with the time they spend giving back to our community in such a selfless way.

5. Overall, what has your experience been like since joining?
I am very pleased to have found an organization that I can give hands-on help to and meet face-to-face with members of the organization. It gives me great pleasure to be able to help these hard-working youth in meeting their goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment