Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Volunteer Spotlight: Jacob


Jacob's roots in the organization run deep, from the very beginning. He's spent much of his time since 2008 volunteering and helping build the organization.

"Even if I am having a bad day, I will go to an event and have a lot of fun," he said. "You get a warm feeling inside that you did a good thing, and it makes you feel good about yourself."

Jacob says his favorite event is the Warm & Fuzzy Drive. "I like it because you help so many people. A 10 dollar sweater will make a big difference to someone."

Another one of Jacob's favorite things is homeless outreach.  "I used to see a woman in her 40's and I would remember her.  She was so nice to us and I was making a difference in her life.  She was always so happy to see us."

He also said he has some good memories of doing homeless outreach with friends. "We talk about what we're doing together and we get to share the happiness."

"I used to be a little greedy," he said, remembering his 'earlier' years. "But now, (Hands4Hope) has turned me around. It made me realize (life) could be a lot worse than losing a video game, some people lose their home. I guess I didn't really see that before."

Jacob says the main reason he volunteers is because it makes him feel good. "You make someone happy, you get happy." 

Thank you, Jacob, for your hard work. Keep it up!

1 comment: