Thursday, June 2, 2011

Volunteer Spotlight: Samita!


Samita is one of our hard working high schoolers! She joined Hands4Hope at the beginning of her freshman year of high school in 2009. Since joining, she has gotten very involved with our Team Inspire group and spends several hours volunteering.

Samita says one of her most memorable moments happened while working with a young boy at the Kids Cafe in Placerville. "I told him he was good at math and his whole face lit up! I realized how hard it is for kids to get attention when they have their lifestyle."

Samita says she loves Hands4Hope because it allows her to directly interact with people. "My favorite part of the organization is going to the Green Valley Community Church on Saturdays," she said. "I get to work hands on with people and you can see the appreciation for everything in their face."

Her involvement in Hands4Hope has also given her the opportunity to realize things about her own life. "I feel so privledged and lucky for everything I have," she said. "It never registered to me until I started volunteering that some people don't have clean water to brush their teeth."

Getting other friends involved is something Samita enjoys doing. "I tell them how amazing it feels to actually make a difference. I've gotten so much out of this."

Thank you, Samita, for your hard work. Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment