Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Introducing the Newest Member to the Hands4Hope Staff, Kathy Van Saun!


Hands4Hope is excited to introduce its newest staff member, Kathy Van Saun, our new Youth Development Program Assistant! Maddy Gorrell, the previous Youth Development Program Assistant, will be acting as Hands4Hope’s new Communications Coordinator, and, as a result, Kathy will be taking over the “arm” of Youth Development related to middle school clubs and leadership.

Read on to learn more about how she came to be involved with Hands4Hope and her goals for her work with the organization.

Where are you from originally?                           

I grew up in Tehachapi, California and then went to Cal Poly, SLO to earn a degree in Journalism.  I’ve lived in Folsom for over 20 years with my husband and three children.

What were you involved with before starting with Hands4Hope?

Before coming to Hands4Hope, I was working for 4 years in Special Education in both elementary and middle schools.

What do you like to do in your free time?

When not working, I most enjoy spending time with my family skiing, traveling and going to variety of school, sports and church activities. I also love going for coffee, hanging out at bookstores and walking my dog at the lake.

What goals do you have for your work with Hands4Hope?

My goal at Hands4Hope is to continue providing an encouraging, safe and engaging environment for students to grow in confidence in their strengths and to explore how they can passionately make a difference in their community and world.

What are you most looking forward to in working with Hands4Hope?

I love how Hands4Hope was started right here in our local community and that students get to see how their leadership skills and hard work tangibly help others.    


No comments:

Post a Comment