Monday, November 28, 2011

Volunteer Spotlight: Kimberly

Hands4Hope is very fortunate to have Kimberly as one of our dedicated and hard working adult volunteers.

Kimberly got involved with Hands4Hope as it was becoming a non profit and has since spent tireless hours to help develop, lead, and fundraise for our programs. She is the Secretary for the Hands4Hope Board of Directors, and has been a key volunteer for the Haunted House and many of our outreach events.

She says she's always had a desire to volunteer. "I did it in high school and I always wanted to do it with my kids," she says. "As a family it helps us stay grounded and feel thankful for what we have."

She remembers the first time she and her kids volunteered to collect toiletries for the Warm & Fuzzy Drive in 2008. "My kids were asking me why we were collecting toilet paper and I had to explain to them that some people can't afford it."

"My favorite event is Homeless Outreach because my kids get to see not everyone has enough to live." she says. "My daughter Hallie asked why we just can't build them all a house," she says, "but handing out the items from the Warm & Fuzzy drive at least lets us fell like we can do something."

Kimberly says her family has done many memorable things by volunteering with Hands4Hope. "It makes us grateful to be a family because so many people don't have one."

Kimberly says she's happy to see youth getting involved in the community. "Hands4Hope has helped me fulfill my passion for volunteering. I am glad to do it in our community. It's non denominational, and kids of any age can participate. I am grateful to do it and pass it on to my kids."

Thank you for all you do, Kimberly!  We appreciate all of the valuable time you spend to help make Hands4Hope what it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment