Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Volunteer Spotlight: Kaela!


Kaela has been an outstanding volunteer since 2008!

Her favorite event to volunteer for is the Homeless Outreach in Sacramento. She said her favorite part is "seeing people happy and helping them."

Kaela says doing outreach has made her realize a lot about the world. "I learned that homelessness is real. Some people really don't have a home, or food." 

Kaela has encouraged her friends to start volunteering with her. "The first time I volunteered, I got my friends to come, too. We have fun volunteering together."

The first time she volunteered, it was for a school requirement, but since then, she has donated many hours of her time because it makes her feel good. "If I were in their situation, I would want help, too," she said. 

Overall, Kaela says volunteering with Hands4Hope has taught her a lot. But most importantly, she says, "it has taught me to look out for other people."

Thank you so much for volunteering with us Kaela, we are so lucky to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment