Friday, May 18, 2012

Youth Volunteer Spotlight: Connor

Connor has been a part of Hands4Hope for a year. He is wrapping up his Freshman year at Jesuit High School. He got involved through a friend, and says he was "hooked" from the start.

One of his first experiences with Hands4Hope was helping found the H4H Club at Jesuit High School. He headed off to Leadership Camp with all of the area high school Club leaders. "The Leadership Camp was my first taste of Hands4Hope, and it was great. In just a few days I became closer to [them] than I am to most of my friends."

Connor has also been one of our teens who mentors young children from a troubled past at Hope House in Placerville. He says the experience working with his 6 year old child has helped him "step out of his comfort zone." He says, "I look forward to this every week. [Mentoring] is not a chore, it is more of a dream job and I love that H4H has given me the opportunity to do just that."

Connor says his first year of being on our Youth Board as taught him a lot about himself. "When it comes to leadership, I will always be behind you supporting." He says being a part of the organization has "made me appreciate every small detail in my life".

Although Connor is unsure of what he wants to do in his future, he says he has realized through volunteering that he wants to do something in service. "Whether the military, police, fire department, or even a doctor, I can just see helping others in my future."

Thank you, Connor, for all of your hard work with Hands4Hope this year!

 Conner is in the white shirt doing the balance challenge!
 Presenting to the group!
 Painting the Gracie Bus!
Connor is in the black shirt (left) putting his handprint on Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment