Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Experience At NTLP

NTLP (National Teen Leadership Program) is a motivating, inspiring and fun three-day camp at Sacramento State University.  We've been sending youth for years and we always enjoy sharing their great experiences.

NTLP was without a doubt the highlight of my summer.  The life lessons are definitely going to stick with me throughout my life.

I came into NTLP expecting it to be another boring camp where the speakers are all the same and speak on the same thing, but I was definitely surprised with how good of speakers NTLP provided, especially Calvin Terell. 

Listening to Calvin speak was pretty much a life changing experience, he's such a powerful speaker who really made me think and evaluate myself... my parents even said I came back home more mature, just after those three days. 

It was also really exciting getting to be a college student for a little bit.  We stayed in dorms and all had roommates and we all had to make it to the different seminars or events on time. We also did a lot of team building activities, pretty much always done in silence, which really strengthened our communication skills and brought us all closer together.  

I loved NTLP and I can't wait for the next one and to be reunited with the friends I met there and to also make new ones. I really enjoyed how everybody was themselves and I got to truly express myself.  I don't think I've ever danced like that at my own school's dance before, I really felt comfortable and at home at NTLP and can't wait for the next one!

-Writted By: Kellien


No comments:

Post a Comment