Thursday, March 30, 2017

Welcome Mary!

Mary Riley is joining Hands4Hope as part of Intel’s Encore Fellowship Program and will assist us with our Human Resource needs, including creating training material for staff, adult volunteers, and youth leadership on diversity and conflict resolution. She will also work with us on leadership development and will act as an adult mentor with our Folsom-based clubs.

Learn more about Mary:

I'm a native Californian and graduated from San Jose State University. After college I was hired with Intel and worked in various Finance & Human Resources positions.  My last Intel position was HR Manager supporting Intel's New Technology Group (NTG).  Definitely one of the highlights of my career as I had the opportunity to partner with the Sr. Leadership team on various HR business initiatives. Overall, working for Intel was a great experience!
       
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, reading, and traveling. Some of my favorite vacation spots include: Hawaii, Barcelona, Italy, and Paris.

Throughout my life I've always been involved in giving back to the community, so upon retiring from Intel I expressed interest in doing an Encore assignment.  Intel connected me with an Encore Fellowship. I learned about Hands4Hope and was very impressed with their Mission/Vision, and all the great things they are doing in the community. They happened to  have an HR Encore Fellowship assignment available which aligned with my skill set.

I hope to learn from the Hands4Hope leadership team, lend support to help drive Hands4Hope goals forward, provide HR Consultation (as needed), develop training material, mentor youth, and assist with fundraisers. I look forward to meeting new people and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment